Pasta, noodle, dumpling are foods that I eats almost
everyday. But, the one that I like the most is noodle. Noodle is commonly a main source of carbs for a few Asian country, aside from rice. There are many kind of noodles, but for me, udon is the best.
So, I went to Japanese restaurant near my school yesterday (
36 King St East, Toronto, ON) to taste a noodle they have.
I ordered Udon soup which served
with dashi broth, grilled chicken , enoki
,
and garnished with scallion and
seaweed. Dashi is a Japanese speciality broth that made from any broth
or fish stock and containing kelp and katsuobushi ( preserved, fermented skipjack tuna)
. The taste is a little bit fishy but
savoury.
 |
| katsuobushi |
 |
| Kelp |
The difference between udon and ramen are udon more thicker, less chewy and shorter than ramen . Both are made from wheat.
 |
| Ramen |
 |
| Udon |
Overall, the Udon that i ate was really good, filling, and warming your body. the taste between the soy sauce and the broth are balanced, and also the grilled chicken and the garnished perfectly made.
Source : (www. wikipedia.com) and image are from (www. google.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment